Why should you buy a Certified Pre-Owned BMW from BMW of Southpoint?
Certification Process: Before each BMW can receive the distinction of being Certified and fully backed by BMW of North America, LLC they must be thoroughly inspected, reconditioned and approved by a BMW inspection team of BMW trained technicians, Service Managers and Pre-Owned Managers. This ensures that your BMW Certified vehicle delivers the genuine Ultimate Driving Machine® experience you demand.
Only the best pre-owned BMWs qualify for the BMW Certified Program. To be eligible for enrollment in the BMW Certified Program, a late-model vehicle must have more than 300 miles but less than 60,000 miles on the odometer.
They must pass an extensive examination and a thorough and rigorous inspection by BMW factory-trained technicians. They inspect the vehicle for safety, performance and wear. If something is not right, it is fixed. If it cannot be fixed, the vehicle cannot become BMW Certified.
In short, we’re picky. But when you see everything covered under our Protection Plan, you’ll understand why.
Every BMW Certified vehicle also comes with a vehicle history report so you know it’s maintenance history at the time of certification.
Warranty: Every exceptional BMW Certified vehicle comes with a protection plan designed to give you the ultimate peace of mind.
BMW Certified Pre-Owned: Covers you for 1 year with unlimited vehicle miles, after the expiration of the 4-year / 50,000 mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty for Passenger Cars and Light Trucks (Valid only in the U.S.A. including Puerto Rico) for a total of 5 years / Unlimited vehicle miles. 5 years of BMW Roadside Assistance is included. Additional plans are available to extend your vehicle’s coverage up to a total of 6 years with unlimited miles.
The BMW Certified Protection Plan provides specific coverage against defects in material and workmanship; the plan is not a Maintenance Program or an extension of the original 4-year/50,000 mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty for Passenger Cars and Light Trucks (Valid in U.S.A. including Puerto Rico). There are various items that are not covered by these warranties.
BMW Roadside Assistance: BMW Roadside Assistance offers support and expert advice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You’re protected in all 50 states, Canada and Puerto Rico, and you’re even covered if someone else is driving your BMW.
- Available for the first four years from the original in-service date of your vehicle, with no mileage limitations and no separate cost to you.*
- BMW Certified owners are covered up to six years from your vehicle’s original in-service date, with no mileage limitations.*
- Coverage also applies to BMW Extended Service Contracts and Maintenance Program Upgrades.
- Program details can be found in the Consumer Information Statement (provided by your authorized BMW center at the time of sale).
- Eligibility and benefits can be found in your Maintenance and Warranty booklet.
- Towing service to the nearest authorized BMW center due to mechanical disablement, road hazard damage,or accident.
- Battery jump starts.
- Fuel or operating fluids delivery (driver is responsible for fuel/fluids cost).
- Tire change assistance.
- Lock-out services (if keys are locked in the vehicle).
- Trip interruption benefits.
*Subject to certain limitations and exclusions. See your Maintenance and Warranty booklet for details.
BMW i3: In addition to the comprehensive BMW Certified warranty, the BMW i3’s initial battery warranty will transfer to the new owner, so you can enjoy an 8-year battery guarantee along with the inherently lower levels of maintenance that electric vehicles require.