Buy vs Lease
To Lease or to Buy? Weighing the Options
At BMW of Southpoint we want to make your car-buying journey as easy as possible. We know you’ve been dreaming about that new, luxurious BMW model, and we want to see you get behind the wheel of the car of your dreams as easily and painlessly as possible.
One way we accomplish that is with the expert services we provide here in our Durham BMW dealership. Take our professional financing advice, for example. Our finance department is ready to help you with all of your auto financing questions. We work with multiple banks and financial institutions throughout the area to get you the best deal for your budget, and we answer all of your questions along the way.
If you’ve come to the fork in the road between purchasing a new BMW or leasing one, read on. Let us break down the big differences between the two options and help make your decision process easier.
Benefits of Buying Your Car at BMW of Southpoint
- When you purchase your new car you get to keep it at the end of your payment schedule. This means you can re-sell it, trade it in, or drive it for its lifetime. It’s your car to do with as you see fit.
- With a purchase, you can customize your car to your heart’s content. From new floor mats and roof racks to license plate frames, when you buy the car you can do whatever you want to it.
- You don’t have to worry about how many miles you put on your car with a purchase. You can travel as much or as little as you want and you won’t have to worry about having to pay more because of extra miles on the odometer.
Benefits of Leasing Your Car from BMW of Southpoint
- When you lease your car, you have to return it to the dealership at the end of your payment schedule. It doesn’t belong to you and, therefore, must be returned. You can either choose to negotiate to buy it then, or you can trade it in and get a new model.
- When you lease your car, you can’t customize the vehicle in any way, but, you can change your model and upgrade to a new version every couple of years.
- With a lease, you have to be careful not to put any additional miles on the car beyond what you have negotiated for. Any additional miles over the agreement will have to be paid for at the end of your lease term.
Visit the BMW of Southpoint Finance Office in Person
To learn more about all of our financing services, or if you have any additional questions about buying vs. leasing, stop by and visit us Monday through Saturday at 225 Kentington Drive in Durham, NC.